For this entry, I will sign my thoughts instead of typing them. It has been a personal choice of mine to learn sign language so that I will be able to work with a more diverse group of children when I become a speech pathologist, specifically deaf children or children with a hearing loss. The video below will explain how I became interested in the field of speech pathology and sign language. I will translate it here:
Thank you for reading my blog. My inspiration for joining this community was a movie I watched about Helen Keller as a young child. The movie was a motivation for me to learn sign language as I am now taking a sign language course. I have been studying this language for several years. I hope you learned something about the field of speech therapy that you found interesting. I am more excited than ever to be part of this community. In conclusion, I will show you a short clip from the movie "The Miracle Worker" that to this day still inspires me. (*above is the video from "The Miracle Worker" in a new entry*)
No comments:
Post a Comment